Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Welcome Charlotte Rose!

Charlotte Rose was born at 15:10 EDT 10/03/2006 at Anne Arundel Medical Center in Annapolis, MD. She was 6lb. 3oz. at birth. I have some pictures and video that I took myself but haven't had time to get them off of the cameras yet. In the mean time here is a picture my dad took when she was 5 days old as well as some other pictures that our friend Kim took at the hospital. We all made it home from the hospital last Friday (10/06) and so far aside from a few relatively sleepless nights things are going well. I will work on getting some of the pictures/movies I took online as I get a chance.

While all of this has been going on we have had a contractor in to build a ramp and addition to our front porch (well actually build a deck over top of the existing porch). Things seem to have progressed at a snails pace. First there were all sorts of problems getting Anne Arundel County dept. of Permits to sign off on the design and then they decided to fail several inspections on several technicalities (loose dirt at the bottom of the post holes and then the latest they decided that the plans that they already had signed off on were not up to code after the fact and caused the builder to redo the railing that they had already put up). All in all it has left me with a bad impression with how contracting work works in this county. I will have to find out a way to fast track the permit/inspection process the next time we have any more projects of this sort.

Anyhow, off to do some work for a change and then back to feeding/changing the baby.

No comments: